High Volume, High Efficiency, Even Higher Satisfaction
RoboPharma is the industry leader for Central Filling automation with a unique model that focuses on speed, efficiency, and reliability. Our designs are proven to dramatically reduce dispensing errors, time and costs in pharmacies. RoboPharma individualizes each system to manage every step of the process – from the moment the pharmacy submits a patient’s repeat prescription directly, to when the completed order is shipped back to the pharmacy for patient pickup. A RoboPharma central filling build-out efficiently fills hundreds to thousands of prescriptions per day at a remote location in a hub-and-spoke model.Contact Us
The Integrated Components Of A RoboPharma Central Fulfillment System
Our automation software starts and finishes everything; The Rx ordering, receiving, processing, validating, dispensing, checking, labeling, sorting, user identification, track-and-trace of all steps, reporting functions, and return shipping to the spoke pharmacies. Our software orchestrates the many interwoven hardware components like:
- High capacity robotic dispensers
- Checking and labeling systems
- Packing systems
- Intelligent conveyors
- Storage systems
- Vial and bottle feeding systems
- Vision inspection systems
RoboPharma’s Central Filling Automation Model
- 1Prescriptions are first sent in from the patient’s preferred pharmacy.
- 2When the prescription is received, the central fill pharmacy then efficiently dispenses the medicines and checks and labels the individual packages.
- 3The system securely packs all prescriptions in a patient-specific bag or box; applies a label; and sorts the prescriptions for transport.
- 4Once completed, orders are shipped back to the local pharmacy and the patient then picks up their order locally.
- 5Optionally, patient pickup can be automated using our ScriptShelves (will call) and RoboWall (24/7 collection point). With RoboPharma’s HomeDelivery, scripts also can be delivered to the patient’s homes in a secured way.
Central Fulfillment Pharmacy vs. Mail Order/Digital Pharmacy
A central filling system is an end-to-end solution similar to a RoboPharma digital pharmacy solution except that orders are received from a brick-and-mortar community pharmacy, and not from a website or app. Plus, once orders are completed, they are shipped back to the patient’s local pharmacy, and not to home.Learn more about Mail Order
Example Of A High Volume Central Filling Facility
Click each number to follow the RoboPharma workflow
1. Prescription Arrival
Orders are received from ‘spoke’ retail pharmacies to the ‘hub’ central filling pharmacy.
2. Stock Entering
Stock is delivered and put into the Stock Keeping RobotCells (late PM/early AM). Totes with picked items for the Non-Stock Keeping systems enter the pharmacy for direct processing.
3. Stock Keeping
Dispensing RobotCells fill scripts that only contain ‘Top 1,200 items’. Approx. 70% of all scripts can be processed. Bulk medication is stored in the robotic dispensers. Every RobotCell can dispense 600-700 scripts/hour with an average of 6 medication packs/script.
4. Non-Stock Keeping
SorterCells process scripts containing medications outside the ‘Top 1,200 items’. Stock is delivered on-demand from the wholesaler and processed per 100 scripts. Every SorterCell can process 500-600 scripts/hour with an average of 6 medication packs/script.
5. Collation & Basket Loading
Sophisticated conveyer and software network unites all baskets with completely picked and sorted medications, and transports to the RoboLabel stations.
6. RoboLabel Stations
Filled prescriptions are scanned, checked, labeled, bagged, sealed. RoboPharma software checks each pack against the script and prints and applies the label to each medication pack. When all items are present and verified, a final bag label is produced. Each RoboLabel station operator (production worker) averages 100 complete scripts/hour with an average of 6 medication packs/script.
7. Branch-Distribution Sorting
Completed, labeled orders are scanned and collated for delivery to the corresponding ‘spoke’ retail pharmacies.
8. Order Delivery
Orders transported to ‘spoke’ retail pharmacies.
9. Unlimited Capacity
Example shown can manage 100,000 orders/day. Every RoboPharma central filling project is custom designed to fully utilize available space and accommodate future growth.